Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL

Nov 1- I am thankful for the start of a new month, which means a clean page on my desk calendar.
Nov 2- I am thankful for a very special birthday spent with my loving husband and my beautiful girl.
Nov 3- I am thankful for the roof over our heads…nice and cozy home.
Nov 4- I am thankful for Nanny…she is a wonderful “nanny”.
Nov 5-I am thankful for girlfriends who always put me in a good mood.
Nov 6-I am thankful for hair stylists and a good massage therapist…I’m feelin’ good.
Nov  7-I am thankful for a day of rest…Sunday.
Nov  8-I am thankful for leftovers. I did not feel like cooking tonight.
Nov 9- I am thankful for bright sunshine in the morning on my way to work instead of gloomy darkness.
Nov 10-  I am thankful for my husband. Once a Marine, always a Marine. We celebrated his 235th bday tonight! This man is one hard-working fella.
Nov 11- I am beyond thankful for the men and women serving in our armed forces, making the sacrifices they do for the freedom of our country.
Nov 12- I am thankful for the beautiful colors of autumn everywhere I look. The trees were just gorgeous on my drive home from work.
Nov 13- I am thankful for family who is always present and uplifting. I am happy and content just spending the day sitting at my parent’s house and not doing much of anything except being in their company.
Nov 14- I am thankful for my canine companions. They keep me laughing everyday with their strange personalities and the unconditional love they show for their human parents.
Nov 15- I am thankful for toothless baby smiles. So far today I have seen about 50 of them and they still seem to melt my heart everytime.
Nov 16- I am thankful for 2 hour lunch breaks with coworkers. Don't think any other job on the planet would allow that.
Nov 17- I am thankful for the health of my mother. I use the term ‘health’ very loosely as she does have more than her fair share of health problems. But somehow that brave women always comes out on top…and that’s why I can call her my hero.  Love you momma.
Nov 18- I am thankful for my daddio. Hardest working man I know (alongside my husband). He has always provided everything I needed and wanted. He would drop everything to help family, friends, or even a stranger. And he’ll sure talk your leg off but I love him for it.
Nov 19- I am thankful to work in a profession that I love. A truly “helping” profession that brings with it a reward everyday.   The reward being the sight of a patient doing something they weren’t able to do when you first met them.
Nov 20- I am thankful for my Type A personality…without it I would be a train wreck, chronically late, with a pile of papers on the kitchen counter that hasn’t been sorted through for weeks. Oh the thought of it just makes me shutter.
Nov 21- I am thankful for a sister who I can now call my best friend.
Nov 22- I am thankful for Walmart. Yes, I said it. As much as I curse that place while I'm standing in line, where else can I go and get everything in one trip?
Nov 23- I am thankful for my extended family who doesn’t seem “extended” and should be considered immediate family if ya ask me. They are always present in my life in some form whether it be in person, by phone or on the ever so popular Facebook. I am blessed with so many loving aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, a mother and father-in-law, and two wonderful sisters-in-law. Love all of you
Nov 24- I am thankful for coworkers who keep me sane and laughing constantly.
Nov 25-I am thankful for holidays and yummy food that bring everyone together to laugh and have a good time.
Nov 26- I am thankful for the hope that Christmas brings and that warm feeling inside that you get when you hear the first holiday song of the year.
Nov 27- I am thankful for being able to breastfeed. Thankful that I can provide enough for her and keep her full!
Nov 28- I am thankful for a clean car. And the husband who cleaned it for me. Cleaning out my car is probably the very last on my list of things to do.
Nov 29- I am thankful for a babysitter who truly cares for our daughter and delights in her achievements along with us.
Nov 30- I am thankful for a beautiful, healthy baby girl who makes me smile and brings me so much pride. She has allowed me to see a different side of Riley…the “I don’t ever want a boy dating my baby girl” side. Very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment