Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble til you wobble

"Did someone say Thanksgiving feast????" This is what Hallie was thinking to herself in her crib at 5:00 in the morning yesterday. She was hoping to be the first in line for some mashed potatoes, dressing, and cranberries. Although she didn't seem too disappointed to find out milk was the only thing on the menu. Our girl was up early and ready to start her first holiday celebration. We spent the morning packing and loading the car full of the 6 B's: baby, bumbo, burp rag, binky, boppy, and bottles. The essentials. It always looks like we are packing for a week long vacation when we take a quick day trip somewhere. Riley had mentioned the possibility of taking another stab at finding a deer that evening so Hallie wanted to be dressed appropriately for the occasion....

"Hey Dad, I'm ready to shoot that 10-point!"


We set off on our journey to Woodward and found plenty of ways to entertain ourselves. Riley and I decided it would be fun to call everyone by their middle names that day so for the rest of the drive we were James, Diane and Gracie. But of course it was a lot more fun when said with a British accent. "James, would you pass me the rolls, please?" We spent the afternoon in Woodward at Nanny and Papa's house with Aunt Katie & Uncle Luke, Aunt Kylie and boyfriend Bret. We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal courtesy of Nanny & Aunt Katie. My job was to bring the entertainment. It took Hallie awhile to warm up and get going but she was soon chatting, rolling and posing for pictures. We attempted to eat some rice cereal but she still has absolutely NO idea what to do with the food once it's in her mouth. The poor girl just gets upset and cries. This may be harder than I thought it would be to introduce solid food. Well if I could just serve her food off of my forearm I think she'd do great because she sure is having a great time eating my arm right now as I type this! Here are a few shots from Hallie's first Thanksgiving....

Baby's 1st Thanksgiving

"It's fun to chew on your fist Aunt Katie. See, try it!"

"All this pressure to roll is making me nervous"


What a crafty little gal....a lazy way to hold her bottle

Tryptophan coma is near

Just watchin' some football


"You are pretty brave dad thinkin' I won't throw up on you."

"Let's go play football Papa"

Riley decided that a sleepy-eyed baby was our cue to head back home. I hadn't planned on calling it a day so quick but it was nice to drive home in the light and have time to drag down the Christmas containers from the attic. It sounds like we missed all of the excitement because Aunt Kylie got herself a big deer that night...


 I must say that I missed my family this Thanksgiving but I think they just missed Hallie Bear ;). I know for sure she could have cheered up my mom as it sounds like she had a pretty crummy day with a fever and a huge mess of sweet potatoes that fell to the floor on their way out of the oven. Not to mention a burn on her hand. :( Hallie and I love you momma!

So many things to be thankful for this holiday season...and you will read about all of them in my 30 days of thankful on the last day of the month.

Some extra things that I am thankful for.....

Chunky baby bellies to kiss 

Sweet baby hands to hold

Baby blues to adore

Tiny baby ears that hear silly noises

Teensy baby toes to tickle

Baby mouths that goo, ga, blow bubbles, and smile (oh, and suck thumbs).

Happy Thanksgiving from the Fannings!



No comments:

Post a Comment