Friday, November 15, 2013

Mommy's 30th Burfday

Man, oh man. How do I describe what was my 30th birthday? Hmmmm.

A-mazing.

From sun up to sun down.

Every little bit.

Not one bad second ticked by.

All 86,400 seconds were simply delightful.

Ok, I'm done with that part. ;) Now I'll tell you why my 30th birthday was my favorite birthday ever.

First of all, receiving birthday cards from my aunts is probably one of my favorite things in the world. A couple of special cards came a day early and gave me a pleasant surprise. ;) Next I was greeted with by a very happy girl and a very happy guy that Saturday morning who had birthday wishes for the momma. The texts and phone calls were icing on my cake. Oh and speaking of icing....my lovely friend Jai brought down a delicious breakfast covered in yummy icing. The icing did not stop there. My loves went out on a secret surprise mission while I was treated with a manicure....and they brought this back....


When I walked in the door they already had the candles lit and gifts waiting on the counter. Brought tears to my eyes. They were pretty proud of their mission. So was I.



One of them was extra proud of her special selection she'd made for me.....


She informed me that I could have Minnie but I had to share. Ha! Riley gave a priceless account of how difficult it was to explain that they were not picking out gifts for her. You can see how well it turned out. But the confused gifter did a might fine job when she picked out what the cake would say.....

And she couldn't wait to give in


A massage, facial and a new watch...hubby knows me well! Sister and Spencer brought hugs and birthday wishes and a special gift with them to Woodward and I was of course thrilled to spend the evening with my favorite sis! And Miss Jai surprised me again with a gift and the sweetest card I've ever read.

So let's review.....thoughtful cards, texts, calls, breakfast, cake, lots of "happy birthday"s from my favorite girl, special gifts from handsome hubby, sister at my house.....it gets better though......a HOUSE FULL of my friends and family for our Halloween party. Definitely a birthday that will be hard to top. The group surprised me by singing to me and bringing out some cupcakes. The girls had asked Riley if we had any birthday candles in the house....he went and grabbed an actual candle candle (clean linen scent to be exact) and put it in the middle of the plate. Still laughing about that. What a perfect night of laughs, costumes and dancing.

30 has treated me VERY VERY WELL so far and I can say with extreme certainty that this year is going to be a very blessed one for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment