Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sleepy Summer is here!!!!

If I had one word to describe the last month it would most certainly, without a doubt be this word: 

EXHAUSTION.

Refer to evidence below:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Exhibit E

Exhibit F

Exhibit G

Exhibit Z


Hal has been passing out for the evening before 6:00 on several occasions over the past two weeks. The big kids at daycare keep her going nonstop. Literally...Paula says she doesn't stop moving, dancing, running, playing, etc. Holy moly I've been tired too just like my sleepy lady above. I usually pride myself on being able to skip a weekend nap despite being overly tired. I'd rather be up finishing chores, going for a run or taking Hal to the waterpark. But lately.....oh lately.....I cannot seem to function. Sleep is all I think about. Very disheartening if you ask me. I hate being consumed by fatigue and thoughts like "can I make it through this day without falling asleep?" Sad to say that caffeine has made a return recently as one of the only things keeping me going. I can't tell you how many times a week I dwell on this thought..."What if my mom were still here? Oh how she would be such a huge help when I needed her.....and even when I didn't need her....she never wanted to be away...." Bad thoughts...bad thoughts....go away. Maybe it's the heat? Who knows....but whatever it is has me on the verge of hiring a babysitter just to take a nap. Ha!


Here's what we've been doing with the energy we have stored away for fun times.......

Gardening

Testing out our mini garden furniture with a worm

Our second mini garden complete! 


I leave flower selection to this girl

She's a gardening whiz!


Not a bad dresser-upper either!

Playing restaurant with daddy

Strutting her stuff into the waterpark...face. palm.

We've made sure to save some energy for our best pals. Sarah invited us over for a day in the sun. Pools, snacks and drinks for the kiddos....so much fun!

Precious Vivi and her pretty momma

Sam and Austin cruisin' around

Hitchin' a ride with Kim

Soakin' up those rays

I'm finding it ironic that as I type this Hallie is leaping from cushion to the cushion on the couch after a day of traveling and NO nap. I'm embracing this time and sleepily smiling at her as she screams "look what I did mommy!!!" One of these days I'll be sitting on the couch wishing she'd come home from college and want to spend all of her time with me. 

Sleepy....but blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment