Friday, June 7, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend ~ Oh hey there summer!

We spent a much-needed, incredibly overdue and completely wonderful weekend in Enid for Memorial Day. Hal and I packed up the car full of our necessities and made it to Enid Friday evening just in time for a cookout at David and Lisa's with the fam and a few of their longtime friends. Hal was already dressed and ready for a dip in the (freezing cold) pool since we had been doing some swimming with her friends in Woodward earlier that afternoon. But before we tested out the water temps in the pool she opened some goodies that Aunt Lisa surprised her with......

Checking out her Play-Doh, coloring book and sidewalk chalk.

She's not spoiled at all. Swearsies. 

Aunt B loves Play-Doh just as much as Hal

I realize it's very unlike me to not be snapping pictures every half millisecond...buuuuuuuttttt....I was having too much fun just soaking up all the love of being around my family. No worries though, I did get a couple shots of daredevil dipping her feet in the ice cold water.....


She asked others to join in but she was flying solo that night.....


After a delicious (and I mean DELICIOUS) meal of smoked pork, mac and cheese, potatoes and too many other things to name, the guys got busy preparing the extra pork for a Relay for Life event the following week.....

Hard at work

I took a trip with Aunt B and Dara to Walmart to pick up a few things while Hal stayed back and hung out with Brenda, LaDonna, Debby and Lisa. I heard (and saw) that she snuck over to the table to help herself to some chips. I guess she thought it'd be easier just to take the whole bowl to the couch......

What Hallie wants as Lisa and David's, Hallie gets

We went to bed much too late that night for this ol' momma. But ya see, it's really super hard to leave my family when we're having a good time. Almost next to impossible. But we managed to pry ourselves away somehow and hit the hay around...I'm ashamed to admit how late my baby was awake....midnight!!! She slept like a log....I slept like someone who forgot how to sleep. I was awake by 5:30. Wide awake. No idea why. Oh wait, I know why. Murphy's Law: Hallie slept until 9:30 that morning. Bahaha. She had one thing on her mind.....


After swinging we inspected the garden to see what sorts of goodies were starting to produce...


She quickly remembered that her box of toys was hiding back in Gman's closet so we dug into that fun while Gman cooked breakfast....


Our lazy bones finally got dressed and played for a bit while we waited for Aunt B and Dara to come over...


Grammy's gorgeous roses were hard to miss. Hal thought few belonged in her hair and lucky for her there were plenty to spare....



She told me several times how "butiful" they were and how they smelled "vewy good"....


Breakfast just wasn't enough for this growing girl. She needed quick snack before we left the house....


We stopped by Hob Lob to pick up a few items that Gman needed to take to the cemetery. I went in with the intention of leaving empty-handed. Ha. Ha. Ha. That was a setup for failure. We shoved ourselves back into my cluttered car and drove to the cemetery. As you would imagine it was very crowded and looking as beautiful as ever covered in spring flowers. I love that mom is at the very back...quiet and peaceful.


Hallie paid her respects to quite a few people as she wandered around looking at all of the "butiful fowlers"....


I'm clearly biased but I was quite smitten with our choice for Grammy....


While standing at her grave I had one of the most heart-wrenching yet amazingly beautiful moments of my life...my sweet, innocent baby girl looked around and said "I want Grammy to come here now." Me too baby girl, me too.....


Don't even get me started on this picture...


She carried away some of the old "fowlers" when we were ready to head home...


We picked up some lunch and had just finished eating when Heather popped in. Have I mentioned lately just how awesome of a friend she is? Because she is. The kind you keep around for a lifetime! Hallie agrees with me....



Bailey, Heather, Hallie and I did some unnecessary but fun shopping at a new store downtown that afternoon before we went over to David and Lisa's for some time by the pool....


Lil Missy was posin' up a storm....



Lisa had yet another surprise for Hal. New pink floaties for the summer!!!


She loved em.....


The water was still too chilly to get in and it was pretty warm outside so we didn't last long by the pool before we all thought it was time to get dinner. To Papa Murphy's we went for some pizzas to take home to bake. This chick napped while we grabbed dinner....


Gman came over that night for some pizza and a low key evening. Hal kept comfy wrapped up on Lisa's lap "paying wif her pone".....


Bay and Lisa helped me put my Hob Lob purchases to good use that night while David, Dara and Gman went to bed. Hal supervised while she played with stickers and drew pretty pictures. I was pleased as punch with how my wreath turned out....



We reluctantly left Sunday morning after Hallie scarfed down another one of Gman's famous breakfast meals. The weekend flew by and I really didn't have any desire to leave but we had promised Riley that we'd be back before his car show ended that morning. We made it just in time as things were wrapping up. Perfect time to show up at a car show if you ask me. Ha!! Hal was lookin' fly in her shades with her baby doll in tow. She played with Carmen and Papa at the park for a bit...



We spent the afternoon at home doing absolutely nothing ALL. DAY. LONG.


As we were leaving the park Riley made a random comment. Something like "hey babe, I bought a car." If you know my husband then you realize this statement comes out of his mouth quite often. Most of the time jokingly.....the remainder of the time serious. This particular time he caught me off guard. I thought it was a joke. It wasn't.


Feast your eyes on that blue beauty in the middle. Shattered window and all. She looked pretty awesome sandwiched in between the other ol' beauties he has sitting in our driveway, dontcha think? He spent most of the day outside removing the doors and side panels of the blue car which he will eventually put on his green Mustang when he's ready for the body work step.

If I'm being completely honest I would have to say that I was bored out of my ever-lovin' mind on Sunday. Holy. Thumb twiddling. All I wanted to do was relax yet I felt like I needed to be doing something. So the more I relaxed the more I wanted to be up and the more I was up the more I wanted to relax. To sum things up....I'm just a bit crazy. Monday was a new day and we took full advantage of our rare Monday at home. We played with Play-Doh, made smoothies and watched Cinderella that morning.....


That afternoon we kicked off summer with a trip to the waterpark. A year older this year and also a year braver. She was on cloud nine sliding on the big slide all by herself.....



Riley showed up and almost had a heart attack watching his baby run around with no help needed. He hovered over his girl (which I thought was both hilarious and precious) as she covered every inch of the pool....

**hovering**


**hovering some more**

We couldn't end a waterpark trip without a very messy popsicle!!!


Oh and guess what? We ended the day with a popsicle too!


Carmen joined us for the evening while Riley grilled out some steaks and the girls played in the yard.

There's just something about a summer night.

Looking forward to many more this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment