Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kiss The Cook

She can make a mean bologna butter lettuce jelly sandwich. And don't even get me started about her tomato ice cream. Stop on by for my tiny chef's famous egg plant soup. I think her calling is very clear....cooking academy, here she comes!!!!!


She's certainly not the most organized chef....a tad bit messy....but she's 100% focused on the taste of her food....

"Whatcha think of that hot dog?"

 With all of this time spent in the kitchen honing her skills she's been preparing to spread her wings and jump into the real world of baking and cooking.....

Grilled cheese time!

We eased into things with a batch of yummy M&M cookies. I wasn't quite sure how things would go so I was elated when she picked it up like a natural. Well I mean, duh, she's been practicing everyday....


She even multi-tasked while scooping the cookie dough out onto the pan and sipping on apple juice (and doing a little jig atop the kitchen chair she was standing on).....


She was mesmerized by the big mixer. She's been using a toy mixer that my grandma bought her last week to stir a bowl of cheerios. I had to be on high alert for any flying ingredients that she thought belonged in the cookie batter. She helped me crack the eggs, dump the cups of flour and even wiped up the counter when we were done. And she did it all naked!


Last week I mentioned my excitement while on vacation when Hallie curled up next to me to watch an entire Disney movie. Another mommy dream came true during our baking session. She looked up at me and smiled and said "dis fun momma." That was right after she stuck her chubby finger in the bar of crisco, took a big ol' bite and said "dis tase vewy good momma."

I'll kiss that cook any day of the week!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment