Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Aunt B's Birthday & Hal's First Manicure

The dance party Hal and I had in the car on the way to Enid was enough partying for this girl......


But it's a good thing she got some zzzzz's in her carseat because we had some celebrating to do once we arrived. My baby sis turned 22 on the 30th of December and I couldn't resist spending the day with her. Hal greeted Gman with a hug and promptly asked where her toys were. Ha! Her memory amazes me. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the closet where I'd put her box of toys last time we were in Enid. 

Reading some Berenstain Bears

Dara met us at G's house and the four of us girls went to spoil Aunt B for her special day. I realized it was a big risk to take Hal with us to the nail salon but G had fallen asleep on the couch so my options were sort of limited. I had high hopes. But I also had a backup plan. She stayed calm and enjoyed searching for her favorite color as we waited.....


Dara decided that she would rather hold off on pampering and instead took Hal across the parking lot to the dollar store. Junk toy heaven! They returned fifteen minutes later with a bag of suckers and toys. These things kept Hallie quiet and happy for quite awhile. Thanks be to Dara for keeping an eye on Hal and keeping her corralled while my hands were tied up. Chaos and all, I was just content to be spending the day with these ladies....


This lady was looking awfully pretty.....


And this lady was trying to juggle her nose-picking, sucker-licking and polish-selecting.....


It was difficult to wrap my mind around the idea that my baby girl was big enough to sit in the chair and have her tiny little fingernails painted. So small and sweet.....and very, very sticky!

Not letting go of the sucker at this point....

Her willingness to wash her hands and get in place was just too much for my heart to handle. What a big girl!

"Give me what you've got!"

I barely recognize this grown up girl

She picked purple and pink and had a tough time choosing between the two.....

"I just can't choose....."

"What do you mean it's not that hard of a decision?"

"I suppose I'm okay with pink"

I was astounded by her stillness and the wonder in her eyes as she watched intently while the lady painted quickly. They looked like this for about one minute.....


But she began to get antsy and forgot about keeping her hand flat. Oops!!!
Look at that sweet chubby hand!

We left with ten smeared pink nails and a free manicure for Hal. Onto the bakery we went in search of the perfect birthday cake for after dinner that night. Hallie had her hand in the cake selection as she likes to consider herself an expert in this department.....


That night we had dinner at Rib Crib with G, Lisa, Garrett, Dara, Spencer and the birthday girl. Lil Red was all smiles at the beginning of dinner.....

"I swear mom, I will behave."

But that lasted a good two minutes....



We ate cake and were merry......



Well, maybe one of us was a little less merry and a lot more grumpy.....

Probably trying to talk her into staying inside or talking her out of a fifth bathroom trip ;)

Once she was able to run free back at David and Lisa's house things were all good. The professor had a hard time winding down. It must've been the cake or these silly glasses that made her giggle.....


Garrett and Hal spent some quality time together as it would be the last time we would see him for quite some time. He did some fake sleeping while she tried to solve the rubic's cube....


I'm always up for a night with the fam and this night left me wanting more time with them. Hal and I spent the night at G's house but we were all alone come morning time because he had to work on New Year's Eve. We loaded up our stuff and headed home early that morning. She gave one last wave of her princess wand and bid farewell to Enid once more. Until we return for some more good laughs......



Thanks for having a birthday again this year Aunt B! Keep em coming so we have a good reason to come visit!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment