Sunday, January 6, 2013

Johnny Be Too Good: Cotton Bowl Party

The irony astounds me. I had this grand plan to have a Cotton Bowl watch party. Riley gave me a thumbs up and I did the rest. Much to my delight the Harringtons, Barbys, Williams and Rogers were all able to make it. The Cotton Bowl we would watch. The Sooners we would cheer for (well, most of us at least!) Guess how many downs of football I actually witnessed? Oh, maybe five.....and that's being awfully generous. And it really didn't even have anything to do with the fact that our boys were stinking it up on the field. Nope, it had more to do with the fact that I was having too much fun watching all the kiddos run around and chatting with some of my favorite gals and guys. Football, schmootball! I guess it was just an excuse to get together and hang out! In the end our Sooners were embarrassed by A&M. But less about the loss and more about the other goings on of the night.......


......I hurried back to Woodward since I was working out of town on Friday. I needed to make one quick stop at Walmart and it ended up taking much, much MUCH longer than I'd expected. Just 48 minutes spent in two checkout lines....no big deal. :( I was in high gear from 5:30 to 6:30 running around like a mad woman. Just ask Riley. I'm sure he'd love to share the details. ;) I'm prepared some taco soup the night before and used the hour I had prior to everyone's arrival to make a veggie pizza, popcorn chicken, crockpot queso and pizza sticks. Football food!!!! Riley was in charge of drinks. Hallie was in charge of whining. Both did very well with their designated assignments. The last time Heather came around she witnessed the exact same Hallie Grace and joked that it must've been her causing it all. I assured her that was not the case. In fact, they became pretty good friends by the end of the night......


She also snuggled up to Jai for a millisecond with a book.....



She was far too busy playing, playing, playing......


Four little friends to play with?!?!?! Kiddo heaven!!! Mr. Sam was looking studly in his Sooner gear....


Rylan was looking studly as well until we used him as our little dressup doll....

"Does it look a little more masculine if I pop my collar?"

"Whose idea was this???"

I think Lily had too much fun girly-fying her two cute bros.....




Hallie wasn't able to hide her new addiction to "booberries" (or grapes, as most people refer to them) when she brought out a pile on this huge platter that her dad gave her....

"K, it looks like we can each have four a piece...."

"Well, on second thought I think I'll just eat them all myself."

The two girlies took turns hopping from the chairs to the couch doing their best jumps and leaps onto Jai and I. Hal thought she was hot stuff being able to attempt what Lily was doing....

Watching her master perform ;)


A couple of things told me that the night was a success: nearly all of the food was gone and the playroom was demolished. Full bellies and happy kids. Sad fans but that's okay. BOOMER SOONER anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment