Monday, October 8, 2012

Go, Dada, Go!!!

Early Saturday morning. Riley jumped out of bed rather quickly. His usual Saturday morning activities consist of drinking coffee, watching the news, drinking coffee and watching the news. Did I cover everything? Yes, I think so. Jumping out of bed is not something I've ever seen my husband do. I was perplexed. But even more confused was I when I groggily waddled into the bathroom to find him fully dressed with running shoes on. I think I muttered something like "what the heck are you doing?" His response left me shaking my head and wanting to crawl back in bed. He was going to run a 5K. The same race the he had declared he wouldn't be running two weeks prior. I really didn't even have time to tell him good luck (or even a kiss) before he hurried out the door. After all, he had exactly 27 minutes to get registered and ready to run. Mr. "I'm full of energy" bounced off in what I can only describe as a once in a lifetime phenomenon leaving Hal and I hurrying to get dressed and ready to go cheer him on. The cold weather did a pretty good job at waking us up pretty quickly. We set up camp at the playground with a bag of apple slices and fruit loops to watch for the runners coming in.....


Well, of course we did some playing too....


Before long I figured it was time to get a bit closer to the action so that we would be prepared to cheer him on as he came by. All of a sudden we saw him shoot out from behind the row of trees....in FIRST PLACE!! With nobody trailing him! Hallie spotted him and immediately lit up and hollered what we'd been practicing...."GO, DADA, GO!!!!" I'd say she was the good luck charm....


Us girls were super duper proud of our main man! He'd been wanting to win the Run for Shelter for several years now and finally did it!!!

Riley's boss, Dave, ran the race as well. Here are the guys proudly showing off their medals....



I felt slightly extremely lazy for not running that morning. It's no secret that short races get my nerves all out of whack and it's almost not even worth it to me anymore. What can I say, I'm just a bit crazy....and a little too competitive!


Check out what we did to celebrate Riley's big morning.....


Yep, that's right....Hal gave him a makeover!!! He made her day! And then it the midst of his endorphin high he made my day by doing the dishes, laundry and picking up the house while Hallie and I were gone for a bit. Let's just say that Riley owned Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment