Sunday, February 19, 2012

Take your daughter to work day

So what's a mom to do when she is the last to pick up her daughter from daycare on an almost daily basis???

Take her with me. ;) Meme wasn't complaining a bit about her "mini therapist" on Thursday night when Hallie and I showed up for her therapy session. Last week at work was just plain unpleasant, stressful, frustrating, ever-changing, etc. Somehow the hours seem to get longer and longer and paperwork finds its way into my lap each night at home. I'll just continue to live for the weekends and crave that time I get to spend with my girl. But just like Meme, Hallie ain't complainin' either......

Move over park....Hal has found a new haven in the therapy gym!

She had me and the girls laughing as she piled up all the balls and eyed the huge balls that were out of her reach as well. She ran around in circles squealing with excitement and kept hollering out "Mama!!! Ball!!!! Mama!!!" as she ran towards another "toy" she spotted. She was none too thrilled when I told her that we had to get on the road....

Meme was thrilled to see her smiling girl when we arrived. Hallie made herself right at home after we spotted the slew of snacks that were waiting for her on the table. Strawberries, Nilla Wafers, Goldfish and chocolate milk....she was in heaven. After her snack my handy assistant made phone calls for me while I worked with Meme....
"Ok, so my mom will be at your house tomorrow morning at 9:00...ok?"

She was nothing short of professional and very knowledgeable in the use of Meme's walker and cane. She watched and learned.....

And played of course.....


And made more phone calls.....

Her ceramic "cat phone"....silly girl


She tested out Meme's exercise ball and tried to ride her pedal bike...she had to do something burn off all those snack calories after all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment