Sunday, February 5, 2012

SUPER Sunday

What better way to start a SUPER Sunday than with a nice big stack of buttery pancakes??

Nope, no better way. :)

I found this girl at the table waiting. She had crawled up in a big girl chair all by herself.

We filled our bellies before churching it up. We had a great Sunday school class experience. We are blessed to be in a class with some of our best couple friends....it almost always ends in tears from laughing so hard. We toted home a very sleepy girl who also happened to be hungry. She still had a few stray tears in her eyes from her usual parking lot meltdown when she has to say goodbye to Nanny. Today was no exception. The PB&J for lunch helped cheer her up a bit though....

"Big girls don't need their sandwiches cut into pieces."

Very recently she has refused to eat things that are cut up into pieces for her. Big girl status! Picky girl status is more like it though. Nap time commenced without a fight at all and Riley and I had some chili that I'd made for lunch. I was on a mission to get a list of things accomplished during her naptime. Was I jealous that her and Riley would be back home snoozing while I took on that dreaded place called Walmart? Yes, yes I was. But I do so love checking things off my to-do list so it would've worked either way. Laundry, Walmart, and a nice run outside.....three hours later I had finished everything on my list and Hallie was ready to wake up and play. Perfect timing. I kept my promise about going to the park when she woke up. We bundled up nice and good and even put on her big girl gloves.....


She didn't even seem to mind as I separated her tiny fingers apart. They are still pretty big on her wittle hands but they needed to be worn. It was burrrrrrrrr today! She's learned how to mimic me and shake while trying to say "burrrrrrrr."


We got a text from Aunt Katie while Hal was sliding and found out that we would have some gals to hang out with during the Super Bowl. Us four girls had a great time playing and eating of course. I had planned to make some Super Bowl recipes I'd picked out earlier in the day but completely forgot to write the ingredients down before I went to the store. I improvised and it turned out better than I imagined it would. We fed our faces with spicy chipotle crock-pot meatballs, chili con queso nachos and pizza rollups. Oh and can't forget the cheesecake! It ended up being the perfect football food. The funny part is that we only really paid attention to the halftime show, didn't see but a few commercials and caught just a few plays. But hey, we had other more pressing matters to tend to....

Like picking our noses

Hal ate everything in sight while Carmen was her happy little self. That is until it was time for both of them to go to bed. We attempted a cousin picture and got this.....

"What do you expect mom? It's LATE and I need my milk!"

I snuck some big laughs out of Carmen while Riley gave Hallie a bath. I've got to be sneaky about my Carmen time since Hal is not shy about her jealousy when I'm holding her baby cousin. Us girls had a great time!


Super Bowl Sunday or not, we had a Super Sunday all around! I'd say that we are sufficiently recharged and pretty much ready to take on what the week has in store for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment