Monday, January 10, 2011

They Call Me Hallie G

Hallie Fanning is my name, making messes is my game. That's right folks, I'm back!! It's Hallie's Corner! Last time mom let me write I was a wee little one. Trust me, I've done some growing since then. One might even venture to say that I'm a big girl. At least the girl at Jamba Juice did the other night. And not in the way that you are thinking...she may as well have called me a fat baby. I didn't lose my cool though when she commented on my size with emphasis on the word "big." I like to refer to myself at pleasantly plump and short. While we are on the topic of being a chubbers I might as well start with food....

Lately I have been getting to eat all different kinds of treats. For example....

Peaches & Green Beans

Prunes

 Peas

Human food, if you will. So far I have tried out peas, carrotts, grean beans, sweet potatoes, apples and prunes. I would have to say that prunes are my favorite. I know what you are thinking. But when you have to go, you will find anyway to make yourself go. ;) Mom even let me try munching on some apples and frozen strawberries through my mesh chewing device (not sure what it's called exactly). My parents were pretty excited about it...I think they thought it would be a great pacifier when I'm cranky. Fooled them...I hated that thing.

"How the heck does this thing work?"

I love to try and help with my feedings. Those rubber spoons feel oh so good on my gums. And don't even get me started on those big plastic bibs...they are perfect food collectors for me to shove in my mouth when I'm done to get every last drop of food. Makes for a huge mess though. But as I like to say, "the bigger the mess I make, the longer the bath I take"...cue evil laugh...


"Yum, a bathtime snack. Glad I saved these peas."

After my meal of prunes this morning mom said I looked like I'd just got done eating all you can eat ribs at the baby bbq buffet....

"If you think this is messy then you should meet my dad."

When I'm not eating I am just doing your everyday typical baby activities. Like hanging out with dad on the weekends....


Testing out all of my new toys. This one is defective though. Everytime mom turns the wheel this monkey pops up and scared the peas out of me....


Watching my new Baby Einstein video. What's new?! But now I have the best seat in the house....I hear it's like the balcony seats at Warren Theater. I get my bottle, a comfy seat and the feature presentation....


I am silly. That's all....


I rarely let others feed me these days. I like to feed myself. Unless I'm very tired, then snuggling is a must. ;) I've become so independent that I am not interested in nursing anymore. Nope, who wants to lay sideways and eat anyway? Not me. Mom just doesn't get the hint because she keeps trying. I keep getting momma's good milk somehow but she warned me that if I don't compromise with her then it won't be around much longer. I'm ready for the milk maid to retire, but I don't think she will back down without a fight!
Milestones schmilestones. I'm crossing them off the list all the time. Sitting is my most recent big achievement.


;)

"Grammy, grab me that gumball machine please"

Everyone else acts like it's a big deal but I don't take any satisfaction in it. My arms are too short to reach for my toys and I haven't ever seen anyone roll while sitting up and 'hello!', I LOVE to roll! So I rest my case. Sitting up is for the birds. I'd much rather spend the day rolling around the living room floor searching for toys. I want to crawl so badly....but mom says my body isn't ready just yet. Well what does she think this is..................

"Duh, crawling."


My Baby Einstein addiction is even more far reaching now thanks to my mom's new phone. My parents finally joined the 21st century and purchased iphones. I requested that they get me a Bphone (Riley's version of the iphone for babies) but they told me I don't know how to be responsible yet. I'll just have to wait. But for now mom lets me watch my videos on her Baby Einstein app. Yippee! Einstein on the go!!

I'm not 100% positive about this news I'm about to share, but something odd is going on. I think we are leaving this house. Half of our house is missing now....and just the other day Auntie Heather came to see us and she boxed up our entire kitchen. Um, excuse me...those are my baby bowls and rice cereal you were packing missy! I'm not sure where we are moving to yet, but I'll let ya know when I find out. Heather definitely could have packed faster had I not been wanting to be held. Don't judge....wouldn't you want to be held too?

But we managed to come to an agreement that made everyone happy....

I've just been loving life these days...no constipation, constant playtime, lots of visitors, and I get dessert with dinner every night! What more could a baby ask for?! I do have one question though....do I get a bigger room when we move?







2 comments:

  1. That is so funny how messy she gets when she eats! How does she do that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gets so excited when I bring the food out and shoves it into her mouth with both hands! So after some advice I have to hold her hands down and feed her...not very easy but it's a lot cleaner!

    ReplyDelete