Friday, September 2, 2011

"Hallie Days"

Nanny has been referring to Thursday and Friday as her "Hallie days" for as long as the munchkin has been around. They have formed quite a bond during their two days a week together...I'd venture to say that Nanny might be one of Hal's best friends. They keep quite busy and usually end up doing things that make my life a whole lot easier. There are many reasons why "Hallie days" are some of my favorite days of the week. First of all, there is no dressing, rushing around or feeding on these mornings. Nanny comes to us. They eat breakfast and take off shortly after for a long bike ride. Nanny must have some magical power I don't because she seems to keep her happy on the bike for longer than I can....I hear they sing songs. I've tried that but I guess my voice is not as pleasant to hear. ;) Another reason these days are great is because I get pictures of my girl all throughout the day. It keeps me chugging along during the day and gives me these little bursts of happiness. So what are these things that I mentioned they do that make my life a lot easier? Well, to begin with.......

Taking the dogs to the vet. I guess it's important to make vet appointments at a time that you can actually take them. Turns out I kinda double booked myself. Good thing Nanny and Hal had it covered and volunteered to take them for me. She also must have some magical powers that keep them from going crazy. She sent me this pic of them sitting (which is a miracle in itself) with their leashes lying on the ground (unheard of)....


Come to find out they were too busy watching Hallie weigh on the animal scale to cause a scene.....

"Can we take it again with my clothes off?

Hal spent her time in the waiting room selecting the finest of products for her canine friends....

"Nanny, let's get these for those mutts"

She of course got in some playing time while the pups were in the back getting their shots (she must've not wanted any part of that)....

"I know how shots can be...those poors guys"

These gals don't stop at caring for the canines. Nope, they also help me keep house. And by help I mean keep house for me. Rewind to the other day when I made it clear that my home managing skills were not the greatest. Hallie is a quick teach and has been putting the duster to good use....

Dusting her head off?

Gotta keep those magazines dust free

And of course we have to clean the binkies

It doesn't end there. They go shopping and pick up things I am lacking in the kitchen (like waxed paper). Hallie usually starts out really good, completely occupied and happy.....

"Shopping. What a great idea Nanny."

And then turns into a ravenous beast ready to get out of the cart.....

"FOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"

Nanny loves "Hallie days".....

.......I love "Hallie days".....

.....and Hallie loves "Hallie days."

It's not just Nanny's love and attention that has her lovin' Thursday and Friday. Don't let that smile fool ya. Wanna know what she likes the most???

"Mom, how come you don't cook for me everyday like Nanny, huh?"


Thank you Nanny for giving us your days and your love. We couldn't survive the week without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment