Thursday, January 22, 2015

Family 5K

While I usually make every effort to avoid races when I'm ridiculously out of shape and in no way able to compete, I made an exception this year and took the girls on the walker's course of the Run for Shelter 5K while daddy ran. It took just about every ounce of self control to not take off running. But like I said...out of shape.:/ In the end it was a huge blessing because it was the perfect distance for Hallie to take off running. And she did just that.....






She made me so proud! A runner watching her little girl enjoy running.....ahhhh talk about a different kind of runner's high. :) She went as fast as her short legs would go and settled for crossing the finish line in the stroller next to sissy. Daddy finished very well in his race....as always! That man is a beast!





He shared his medal with Miss Bella. It won't be long before she's joining in the fun....



Our other favorite mini runner, Miss Harper, ran the 5K and finished with her family. It was precious! Speaking of precious....



I can't tell you how much I look forward to Hallie adding her own medals to this board one day....




No comments:

Post a Comment