Friday, February 22, 2013

Spreading the Love on Valentine's Day

Strange to think that it's already been a year since our last Valentine's Day. What a special day that I will never forget. Flashback to our girly heart day at home last year.....




This year we couldn't help but repeat last year's M&M sugar cookies for Hallie's daycare Vday party. She is getting better and better with helping in the kitchen. She pitched in with each step along the way with just a little assistance from me....


The only snag we ran into was the self control it took to keep from picking the M&Ms out of the batter. Someone had some trouble with this....


She was far too tired and excited about her upcoming party that she fell asleep in her new festive pajamas from Jaley before taste testing the goodies....


My sweetie woke up in a very lovey dovey mood. She must've gotten the memo. When I told her that she had a gift to open I thought I was going to have to give her a sedative. She began running in place with a cheesy grin on her face while I went to grab her bag of goodies. She opened up some new jewelry, Dora snacks, Melissa and Doug puzzles (our fav) and some new pjs....


I'll give you one guess what her favorite was? 


Although jewelry and puzzles are high up on her list of favorites as well....


Holy sweetness and ooey gooey cuteness! Here's a shot of my Lil Red on heart day before leaving for her party. She woke up talking about it and left the house still talking about it....


She proudly packed up the Minnie Mouse cards that she had "personalized" a few days prior....



I opened up the card that my Dad had left at our house that previous weekend. It was a great way to start the day.....


That afternoon Riley and I got off work early and left town to head for OKC. We had a date with the Thunder, Kylie and Bill. Bill gave us Heat/Thunder tickets for Christmas so I'd been looking forward to it for awhile. Nanny picked up Hal and her bag on sweet cards and treats from daycare.....


I wasn't sure of their plans for the evening so I was pleasantly surprised when I received this string of adorable and heart-warming pictures from their time at the nursing home.....


Hallie passed out candy hearts and Valentines to each resident in the dining room....


Nanny said "passing out 60 Valentines is a lot of work for a two year old".....


Valentine's Day + Thundering up = 


We met Kylie and Bill at Texas Roadhouse for dinner where I completely blew my diet by devouring at least four rolls. Hmmmph. The game was of course a ton of fun despite a bad loss.






No comments:

Post a Comment