Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Favorite Day of the Week

Step aside Tuesday.

Sunday rocked my socks off.

Tuesdays have been a little ho-hum lately as they have turned into work days. Not to Hallie's liking. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. It seems that the amount of sick/broken-boned/deconditioned people has exploded in NW Oklahoma which means that I've been scrounging around for babysitters of Tuesdays. Thanks to Paula and Aunt Ky I haven't had to think too hard! So naturally when Sunday rolled around in all its glory I quickly replaced my former favorite day with the much greater and more joy-filled day of the week......

......who wouldn't love a day that begins with dress up????

"It's like I always say..."

My sweet little bunny is preparing for Easter and trying out some of her new dress choices for springtime. This one is a favorite I've been dying to dress her in. Aunt B got this presh BabyGap dress and jacket for her on her first birthday. It was high time she wore it!
It's no mystery why she has my heart.

The sermon at church was profound and very though-provoking and in fact it's had me thinking all week. Just the kind I like. Our Sunday school class decided to go and surprise a couple from our class at the hospital that morning. We got to meet their brand new baby girl! While we were ooo-ing and ahh-ing over the tiny baby, Hallie was putting on a show for Kim and BJ's son, Sam. She was on the floor twisting and turning while looking up at him intently. He was eating up every second of it too! Once we got home Hallie had a little lunch and spent the next couple hours refusing to take a nap.Hyper isn't even the word to describe her state that afternoon.
Lunch on your head? Sounds efficient.

I dressed her in the new t-shirt Gman gifted to her the day before. I tried my best to get her to pose with it on....a valliant effort it was but not successful.
"Sorry ma, I've got a tea party to attend"

This was my best shot of the shirt....you can't see it very well but it says "Fanning University."

"Is that good enough?"

She soon spotted the huge basket of eggs I'd set up in the laundry room so I gave her a pint-sized basket her own size....
"This will do I guess."

Naptime began. This, my friends, is my most productive two hour period of the entire week! Riley and Hallie both slept while I made a run to the grocery store, came home to unpack the groceries while getting dinner started in the crockpot and then whipped up a batch of heavenly brownies. Nobody was stirring at that point so I used the rest of my "ME" time up by taking a quick run. I'm a loner at heart...it's only natural to adore this alone/quiet time.

Mommy/Hal time was spent in the backyard, front yard, side yard, driveway, park, etc, you name it!!! We were outdoors all day! As a result we had a couple family members who were a tad bit jealous.....
"What makes her better than us, Lucy???"

Hallie must've heard their chatter and trotted over to tease them a bit....
"Nanny nanny boo boo, you can't get me...."

The wind was blowing like crazy so that meant a bike ride or jog with the stroller was out of the question. That could only mean one thing. Workout in the driveway......
"Do we have to???"

Sign up for HALLIE'S BOOTCAMP everyone!!!!!! She's tough though! You've been warned. She started with a few sit-ups.....
"ninety-seven, nintey-eight, ninety-nine..."

Next she moved on to pushups...
Well....sorta.

Pushups were a bit of a bust due to her short arms so she took a stab at some Tai Chi....

"Focus, balance, focus........."

It turns out that one-year-olds are not made for balancing on one leg so she planted both feet firmly on the ground and did some good ol' quad-burnin' squats with mama....

"Is this low enough?? Because I'm not sure I can get back up!"

We finished up her workout with some laps up and down the driveway. Whew! What is a baby to do after such a tough workout??? Don a sparkly headband and rehydrate of course!!!


She was feeling spunky after her rest break anddecided to take her baby for a walk....

"So this is what you feel like when you push me in the stroller mama?"

Cardio, strengthening and a nice little stroll to cooldown......the lady was spent!!!

"The soreness is setting in already!!!"


So where was Riley while we were being outdoorsy? My handyman was texturing walls, painting and putting up our bedroom door. He never ceases to amaze me with his talents that seem to multiply. I usually don't give him near the credit he deserves so if you see him let him know I bragged about him! ;)  

We finished out the evening by devouring these.....



And this...



How could I not love Sunday the most?

This is the day that the Lord has made!


No comments:

Post a Comment