Saturday, August 8, 2015

Daddy Daughter Dance 2015

Have mercy on my heart, Lord.
 
It turns out I'm not quite cut out to handle the growing up thing gracefully. Kids growing up, that is.
 
Can we just talk for a second about how sparkly her eyes are? Or how pretty her dress is? And how her sweet little curls frame her adorable face? Okay, let's not. It's going to make me cry.
 
But seriously. I nearly died this year as I put the finishing touches on Hal's ensemble as she prepped for the daddy/daughter dance. This event is something she looks forward to ALL YEAR LONG. How do I know this? Because every single time we drive past the convention center she asks me when the dance is going to be. This year she asked me two days after the dance. ;) I cherish these pictures of Hallie and Riley. I hope someday they will too. And let's not talk about a couple years down the road when he's toting both girls to the dance. My heart. Can't deal. Riley is an amazing sport and it makes my heart burst at the seams to watch them have such a blast together.
 
Hallie reportedly had a ball with daddy and her friends. They ate several helpings of food. Okay, maybe just Hal. They took endless pics in the "photo booth" setup. She was the first one on the dance floor AGAIN this year. Shakin' her groove thing as she puts it. Here are my favorites from the night!
 


























No comments:

Post a Comment