Saturday, August 9, 2014

3 Days of Dance Camp

You know that moment you put your dance leotard back on after a summer break from dancing and you suddenly transform into a ball of sass? Oh wait, that's this teenager right here....


That was the first day of dance camp. I was almost dumbfounded by how much older she looked all dressed and ready to go with her dance bag that she packed by herself. New tap shoes were a must because her foot has grown...AND because she wanted "shiny clean ones." When we arrived she waltzed right into the dance room to a lot of familiar faces. Her growing independence sometimes feels like a kick square in the gut. But on the other hand I love watching her continue to grow into the amazing little person that she is. After her first day at camp we brought Kadence along with us to meet the Dean girls at Mazzio's for a dancer's lunch date.....


Sweet Elise would not be left out with her unexpected (and very cute) pose alongside the girls....


Day #2 was crazy outfit day. You can imagine the laugh I had when my normally daringly dressed daughter decided that this lovely matching purple combo was going to be her kind of "crazy". To each his own baby girl....


This must've been the real "crazy" part.....


She was excited to tell me that they danced to a song from Frozen and did the princess walk (her favorite). I was not privy to the actual dances (never have been) even when I played the music for her at home. That girl!

Day #3 was parent watch day/the final day of camp. They wore their cute hot pink dance camp tanks and black (GASP) pants. You may wonder why I'm adding that detail in here (or maybe you aren't since I seem to give every last detail all the time)....just so you know....according to Hallie black pants are the devil. I even had to have other moms that she had to wear black pants for the final day. She ended up wearing them but was none too pleased. I had to pry this smile out of her....


There were so many more tiny dancers this year compared to last so I was thankful for Lauren saving me a seat in front of the room since I walked in right as they were getting started....


She was so proud of her artwork and told me "mommy, it's a ballerina made of hands!"



I'm proud of you baby girl! And guess what? You're a ballerina....with hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment