Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sweetheart Day

Holidays just keep getting sweeter and sweeter as my sweetheart grows older and understands more about what each one means. This year she was fully invested in planning and picking out special treats for her daycare and school friends. Other than the many MANY pieces of candy that she snatched from the cups and stashed in her purse she was excited to share with her friends. I had to go back the night before her Valentine party and refill the cups to replace what was missing. 21 little cups full of love all ready to go.....


I walked into Hallie's room on Friday morning to find a sleepy, crazy-haired girl. I knelt down by her face and whispered "do you want to open your special present?" She kept her eyes closed but slowly shook her head yes. Still no movement. So I asked her again "Are you ready to open your goodies?" Again I got a nod. Finally I started rustling the tissue paper and she shot up out of bed so quickly it made me giggle. She stumbled in her stupor and fell on top of the giant gift bag. It didn't seem to slow her down because she was ripping the presents out of the bag before I could finish laughing.


She loved her Minnie and Daisy tea set, heart purse full of candy and her Disney princess music player. In fact I even heard a "oh mommy mommy, dis is da best gift ever!" She helped me surprise Riley (who was still sleeping) with his special present. Starting the day with happy hearts with my two Valentines was perfect. We hurried through our morning routine and got snazzed up in her new Vday dress. These glasses as school really paired well with it....


I was thrilled....no wait....ecstatic.....I was ECSTATIC to be able to help with her preschool party that morning. I could tell she was happy to have me there to celebrate with her simply by the fact that she didn't let go of my hand unless she simply had to. First all of the kiddos donned those goofy heart-covered glasses to play "Kiss the Valentine".....


Marleigh Gail's turn!


Jaidynce and Jocelyn's turn!


I could sit and watch my girl play games and sing ALL DAY LONG!


We pulled each child out of the circle time room to drop Valentines in each of their classmate's froggy sacks. Hal took the job seriously....


Meanwhile in the other room it was all smiles as they played another fun game...


Shelby had worked so hard to make a fun treat for the kids and it did not go unnoticed. It was so sweet to see their reactions when they walked in to find their froggies, chocolate covered strawberries and koolaid. Prayer time first before they dug in of course....


Here's a good indication of how happy everyone was.....


Check out that hat!!!! Woah! 


These memories are absolutely precious to me.....


Tons of sweet smiles to capture....






We tried to a normal mommy/daughter picture....


Like I said, we tried....


Be still my heart....


More goodies were handed out as they walked out the door and a heart balloon was tied to their sacks. So much excitement and sugar! Man oh man, Hal had an abundance of cards, candy and toys to sort through once we got home. We spent a solid hour eating, playing and reading as we emptied her bag. Let me stress the "we" part....I ate more than my fair share of her treats....it's okay though....I'm not a candy thief...Hal just doesn't like chocolate. Yes, you heard that right. 


My oldest Valentine surprised me with a massage gift certificate and a picture frame for the nursery. He knows my heart and my love language. ;) That evening Nanny treated us to a candlelit dinner of salad, steaks, baked potatoes and chocolate lava cakes. She had put a lot of heart into her Pioneer Woman inspired meal that she served. The evening was a quiet and peaceful one with some nice catchup time talking with her and Katie while the guys watched the Olympics. Gman and Meg made a special trip to Woodward to bring Hallie a bag FULL of toys, candy, stickers and snacks. Spoiled to the max!!! He always remembers all of his girls....I now have some pretty red roses to smell. ;) 
 
Some call it just another day but I think it's a pretty great one. Yes, I agree with the notion that we don't need a day to remind us to show love; however, it's nice to have an excuse to do some extra spoiling on our loved ones. I heart Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment