Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fancy Dancy Day



Parent Day at dance class was exactly as I'd expected it to be. A time to laugh and a time to shed some of those inevitable my baby's growing up sort of tears. My ballerina had grown so much since summer dance camp. She had memorized two full dances. She was miss independent when it came to switching from her ballet shoes to her tap shoes in between dances. She watched her dad and I as she pranced by while they warmed up. She was oh so proud of her moves. One of those sweet moments I'll add to my list of dont forgets. And just a little side note: I think everyone will need a boat to survive the dance recital in May with all of my nine months pregnant happy momma tears that will be flowin'.


Thank heavens for great friends (thanks Lauren) who came to my rescue with pictures since my phone went dead when I arrived. Kadence and Hallie were on point (no pun intended) and had just the right amount of sass....


Hallie had us cracking up with her "princess walk" and high kicks. She took things quite seriously and tried her very best as she strutted past us making sure we were watching every move....




Even though she's been partial to gymnastics I can only assume that she forgets from week to week just how much fun she has with her little dancer friends based on what I saw at parent day. Keep on dancin' tiny dancer.

P.S.- I'm sorry for giving you my short squatty legs but you seem to pack a lot of power in them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment