Thursday, February 27, 2014

Free Spirit Fun Days

I love reading through Hallie's preschool calendar with her at the beginning of each month. It's always cram packed with excitement, show and tell, field trips and dress up days. Her favorite day so far this school year was Superhero Day. All twenty-one of the little tykes dressed up in their superhero gear and headed downtown to see the Stephen Fite concert. Mrs. Gari tells me that Hallie had a blast dancing in the aisle and only stopped one time to ask when snack time was going to happen. That's my girl! ;) The night before her big debut as Super Hal we made a trip to Walmart for just the right items to turn a pink shirt from drab to fab. Rhinestones, sequins, pink zebra felt and some sheet pink material for a cape were what we found. I'm not sure who was more excited about her outfit, me or her?!?! Meet Super Hal!
 
 

 

Pajama Day was another big day at school recently. She had to put the whole getup on.....slippers and her pink robe to go with her pjs. I think having her pjs on that morning confused her a bit because she didn't seem to want to leave the kitchen counter. After all, her bowl of cereal and her iPad were much more entertaining that waiting in the dropoff line with her momma....


But her outlook changed when it was her turn to hop out of the car to show off her Minnie Mouse pjs and see what her classmates were wearing....


The most recent big day, besides the Valentine's party, was Hallie 1/2 birthday celebration with her friends. The summer birthday gang gets to have a special day to celebrate their 1/2 birthdays which I think is fabulous. Hallie's big day was almost a month later than her actual half birthday but that didn't stop us from celebrating. I asked her what sort of treat she wanted me to bring and her immediate response was "butterfly cupcakes!" Easy peasy! I ordered two dozen mini butterfly cupcakes and found some cute butterfly goodies for her treat bags from Oriental Trading Company. She helped me make the goody bags and made me laugh with the thought and consideration she put into each one...."Marleigh will like purple and Dax will like blue"...."dis one is for a boy because it's orange and green"....."can I make one for my teacher?" Melt my heart. She ultimately became worn out by the task once we'd bagged up twenty sacks and she proclaimed "dis is hard work momma!" When the morning came to celebrate she sat quietly sipping on her juice as her friends and teachers sang her the happy birthday song and clapped three and a half times for her....


I was starting to wonder if she was sick but then the sass came out. No sickness here. Party queen has arrived....
 


Here she is passing out her party favors as her friends left that day....



She picked out her special purple outfit just for the occasion and was thrilled that it matched her birthday hat. Oh how I love this little girl....


 
I'm certain there are many more fun Free Spirit days ahead of her before May comes to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment