Wednesday, May 1, 2013

While Mom and Dad are Away....

My family does a pretty stupendous job of keeping me supplied with entertaining pictures of my love bug while we're away. So I knew that our trip to Utah would be exception. Between Dara and Bailey I was spoiled with a plethora of pictures and videos. I always cringe at the thought of leaving her behind. I immediately start to worry the moment we plan a trip...."will she miss us too much?" "will she be too hard to handle?" "will she wake everyone up at 5:00 am?" "will she eat them out of house and home?" ;) But in all seriousness, I worry. I worry about moments like this one.....

"The way I see it you've got two options: take me with you or pay for it later."

Well I chose the latter and it turned out just fine. Of course it turned out fine. She adores her family. And I adored being able to spend the evening with them in Enid the night I dropped her off at my sister's before our trip. Dad and Meg stopped in to say hi and I just could not resist giving him a hard time about having Starbucks and a shopping bag in hand. Couldn't be further from my vision of him.....


Hal made sure that Spencer knew who was in charge before the weekend kicked off....

"You realize I make all the rules, right?"

Bailey and I made a stop by Hastings before I left town so I could search for a book for our trip. I left without a book.....Hal left with three new books. Go figure!





I couldn't resist staying to give her a quick bath that night. I already missed her and I hadn't even said goodbye. She got jammied up and wasted no time opening up one of her new reads....


Aunt B and Hal were ready for me to leave.....

"Tell your momma we will be fine!"

Hal's stay in Enid was evidently a fun one based on all of the pictures I received over the three days to follow. Friday morning Aunt B took Hal to Leonardo's Warehouse with her best friend and her little nephew. I feel like I was right there with them! Lots and lots of pictures!!!

Oh! Hey there Hal!


Hal and Landon checking out the iguana

Princess/Doctor Hallie

She designed a fantastic feathery new visor....





Friday was clearly a morning full of smiles.....


Bailey says she finally warmed up to her new friend and the two held hands in the car. I guess I should also mention this is after a lot of whining on Hal's part and pushing Landon's hand away numerous times....


The foursome grabbed some lunch and took their party to the park....




The two tots ended their date at Landon's house....




By the end of their playdate there was no denying a new friendship had formed. How sweet is this?!?!?


And what about this?!?!?!?!


A quick snooze in the car was enough for this ball of energy....

Loungin' at Aunt B's

My sister has such a special attachment and love for Hallie Grace. It makes my heart so happy to watch them together. They had a good, good day. And the good day continued into the evening as Hal made her second stop of the weekend at this silly gal's house....



Lisa, David and Dara let Hal take over their house Saturday and Sunday night. They are brave....very brave. ;) The girls drove to OKC on Saturday morning for Cayden's gymnastic meet. Dara tells me that Hal wanted to be a gymnast and kept saying "it my turn now."

Taking a break from watching

Sounds about right! After the meet Hal got to have lunch with her rolemodel Cayden at Mama Roja's. They used some unconventional but effective techniques to keep her occupied......





She was one happy gal at Uncle Dave and Wisa's house....


Sometimes I think these two are made from the same mold.....

Two peas in a pod

And these two....well, me thinks Hal feels the exact same way about Lisa as I did when I was a wee little one.....

Sweet.


Love.


Hal's third stop during her trip was at Gman's on Sunday. They put the swingset to work, played inside and then he drove her to Woodward where he dropped her off at Nanny and Papa's house. Huge, huge help that was!!!! I only have one pic from their time together but it's worth about ten pictures. She loves her Gman! Check out this smile!!!!


While at Nanny and Papa's house that evening Hal spent some time with her great aunt Norma and great uncle Danny who happened to be visiting Woodward that weekend. Contrary to my fears Hal was thrilled to see me walk in the door and pick her up. Riley headed straight up to work for a bit after the plane landed so I got to hog all of the saved up hugs and kisses from our girl. Fun trips like that wouldn't be possible without the family that we have. I am 100% certain that Hal enjoyed her tour de family while we were gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment