Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Da Libary"



My best girl and I have been frequenting the "libary" lately. To be honest, I had sort of forgotten about it. I mean obviously I realize the library is still standing where it always has, but I had forgotten how much entertainment it provides her. Last Saturday we were disappointed by the rain that cancelled the downtown Easter egg hunt. See what I mean.....

Thrilled

Momma thought fast and came up with Plan B before she had time to shed tears. She reluctantly got out of the car and went inside....


.....and then immediately remembered how much she loved the place!


She told me all about EVERYTHING. She knew all about Mr. Giraffe in the corner, all about all of the books on the shelf and all about the plethora of movies she had to choose from.

Talking, talking, talking!

I hated to "shush" her but I had to quite a few times because she was having a hard time controlling her overwhelming excitement. I sat back with a magazine while she and giraffe took in an Arthur video together....


We took a stab at the computer and she made it clear that we HAD to wear the headphones. BOTH of us. 


I had to giggle at her with those monstrous headphones on her tiny head. They kept falling in her eyes and she'd grimace and push them right back up. Don't even get me started on how adorable her tiny little hand looked on that tiny little mouse.....

When your child can operate a computer is it still okay to call them your baby?

She picked out a couple of books and painstakingly decided on two videos to checkout. That's when she turned to me and said "I need my card."


We returned back two days later and Hallie had a special request as she was standing the checkout counter. She kindly told the lady "I need a geen bag." Luckily she had a green bag which had me laughing as I pictured her asking for a pink bag on our next trip. 

Keep on reading little book worm!

No comments:

Post a Comment