Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Right in our own backyard....

I find myself constantly saying the phrase "we live in a zoo!" 

But really. I think we do. 

If you follow my Facebook then you are probably becoming quite tired of my latest animals pictures. 

But I just can't help it. I'm tickled everytime I spot a new creature around here. 

My favorite by far (so far) was this baby and momma in our driveway....


The baby got lost and curled up at the neighbor's house for a day or so until momma returned for her....


Hallie was mesmerized by what she was seeing up close...


The sweet thing didn't move a muscle as Hallie inched closer. We told her not to touch the baby for fear that if she got her scent on her the momma wouldn't get her....


So she stood up top instead of right beside her....


Hal whispered and said "it be okay baby deer."


We've recently discovered a den of foxes that have made their home in a metal buidling beyond our backyard. They can be spotted every evening just sitting on top of the roof looking into our backyard. Creepy? Yeah. Cool? TOTALLY!!!!

Can you spot the momma fox?

I think this is big poppa

We have turtles galore!!!! Except for when we're actually looking for one for 4th of July races. Go figure!



We spotted a cute little horny toad running around the driveway one night. He was fast but we trapped him to get a closer look at him. Hal called him "Mister Wizard." I was unaware that these creatures are nearly extinct. Double cool.



The other day Hallie started naming all of the animals she's seen running around....."deer, bird, wizard, turkey, fox, turtle, roly poly (ha), ants, frogs, baby deer, elephant....." Wait, what!?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment