Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Though she be small......

Our tiny little power-packed angel. She's the perfect fit for our family. God surely created her with our on-the-go lifestyle in mind. She's a go-getter but knows how to sit back and relax too. A little bit of her crazy mommy and her laidback daddy. We love this little runt so much it should be illegal. I've been feeling the mommy guilt since the day she was born though. Guilt about not being able to keep up with documenting her every move like I did with her big sis. This is my attempt to make up for the little moments I've failed to write down. Bella Kaye, here's my love letter to you.......


 I never quite know what you're feeling. You keep those emotions tucked away tight most days. You're somewhat of a mystery I guess you could say. A very adorable, chubby-cheeked, hilarious mystery. You love to people watch. You could easily win any staring contest. Put you in a room full of people and you could be content forever. Well, unless it's church and that's just semi-controlled chaos. Your short little stature and chunky thighs just melt me. You have your great-grandma Ida's squinty little eyes and I adore them. Your cheeks just beg to be kissed. And I happily oblige.


Your daddy is your favorite person in this world. No hard feelings I suppose. I guess you sort of like me too. But not like daddy. When you realize he's arrived home for the evening those little legs pick up speed and you race to the door waddling with the biggest grin on your face. Banging on the door will surely get him inside faster. At least most of the time it does. And when he doesn't get in fast enough you begin to announce your frustration so we run out to meet him at his truck. NOTHING in this world makes my heart happier than seeing the bond you two share. I'm serious. NOTHING.


Your cup and binky never leave your sight. An empty cup is just not okay. A lost binky....well, the world is ending. But recently you've figured out where to find them. Straight to the crib you run to bend over and check underneath. It's just the cutest. Okay, okay, everything is cute!


Morning walks are our thing, sister. A binky, milk and some crackers and we are in business for at least 45 minutes. Oh, and the pajamas. Gotta be in the pajamas.


One of your more unique habits is your need to be carrying two objects at all times. BOTH hands MUST be FULL for happiness and peace to exist. Most frequently those objects are food related but sometimes it might be a cotton ball, a stuffed animal, a handful of baby wipes, a plastic spoon, a roll of toilet paper.....you name it, it belongs to you.



Teething has been a big long drawn out process for you, my dear. It's been a tough journey. Lots of ear infections. Plenty of sleepless nights. And a bunch of tearful cranky days. I captured this picture of you at the end of one of these yucky days. A picture sure does say a thousand words...

































No comments:

Post a Comment