Tuesday, January 7, 2014

16 Week Bumpdate


Oh, hey bump! Lookin' rather large and in charge there aren't ya....


By the looks of baby bump time must be moving along even though it doesn't feel like it AT ALL. Hmmm, leaves me stumped. But one thing I'm not stumped about is this: My excitement for this baby grows by the second. Especially now that we are right at four weeks from finding out whether Hallie will be a big sister to a little mister or missy. February 4th is the big day....the big morning to be exact...earliest appointment possible! Once we have the peace of mind that our baby is healthy, growing on track and happy in my belly I'm going to have one thing and one thing only on my mind....NURSERY DECORATING!!! I've even considered the thought of taking the entire day off to race home and order bedding online and paint the room that day. Ok, kidding but now that I actually typed it out it does sound mighty tempting. Ya see, I'm not one to just sit around and wait. Poor Riley. I think he's still recovering from the striped room painting in 2010. I've tried to find a cute room idea that doesn't involve stripes.....but I've been unsuccessful thus far. Moving from one obsession to another....NAME SELECTION!!! This is at a stand still along with the the whole time thing I mentioned above. 

Baby has a good heart rate and....well....that's about all I know about the little sweetie at this point in time. My checkup was very simple....blood pressure check, Q&A, fetal heart rate check....that's about it. Have I mentioned how much I love the doctor we chose?! On the mommy front- nausea is long gone and fatigue is slowly diminishing. This is apparent because I've been doing some very early nesting and have now returned to the gym. The thought of exercise is no longer my enemy and I've felt the urge to get in a good workout each day this week. I tried some light jogging this week....bad idea. Kickboxing class at church....good idea minus the hitch kicks....those were a bad idea. The nesting I speak of looks like this...."oh my goodness, that cup cabinet really needs straightened up RIGHT NOW!" or "if I don't organize the plastic container drawer this very minute the house might implode." Sad but true. But hey, my cup cabinet and my plastic container drawer are both top notch right now. 

Despite the swing in energy I just mentioned there have been more than a handful of days this past four weeks where I literally felt like I was dragging my lifeless body from room to room checking meal time, bath time, chore time, bed time, etc off my list as I contemplated how on earth I was going to muster up enough energy to continue functioning at my pace for the next six or so months. The sleepless nights have been a good way to get me in the mindset of being up all night again with a newborn. Looking at the bright side, ya know. 

25 DAYS AND COUNTING. 

My gut says BOY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment